Master program in Economics
The Bachelor Study Programme of Economics and a Bachelor Degree in Economics will be recognized without further requirements for admission to the Master Study Programme of Economics. Graduates from other faculties at the University of Vienna or other equivalent university studies in foreign countries that total at least 180 ECTS from local or foreign post or secondary education will require:
- Excellent knowledge of English through previous study which should be supported by the following minimum requirements: (!!!new regulations | 16.12.2016!!!)
The certificate should not be older than 3 years!
- TOEFL: ibt (internet-based); at least 95;
- IELTs: Overall Band Score: 7;
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): from Grade C (a minimum of 180 points);
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): from Grade C.
- Language Centre of the University of Vienna: language competence proof to level C1.
- Successful completion of a bachelor's or master's program entirely in English
- A minimum of 150 should be reached in the Part Exam of the GRE revised General Tests on the topic “quantitative reasoning” within the last two years
The GRE revised General Test is a standard test, which consists of three parts:
The Quantitative Reasoning section, in which mathematical knowledge is examined and a total maximum of 170 points can be acquired, is decisive.
In order to evaluate the equivalence of your degree please include in your application the hours per week and ects in all of your courses. In particular you need to demonstrate that you have acquired sufficient knowledge in the following fields: microeconomics, macroeconomics, game theory, statistics, econometrics and analysis (mathematics). Note that you may be given acceptance subject to taking some additional courses in our bachelor program in case you are missing sufficient background in up to two of these six areas.
Specific admissions requirements are listed in the curriculum. Application for admission is made through the University of Vienna's central admissions office. You can find information on this on the website of the Studentpoint service centre.
!!!With regard to english-certificates, the guidelines are laid down in the official University Bulletin (Mitteilungsblatt) dated 25.02.2016
University of Vienna
T: +43-1-4277-374 04